? ??????????????chlorophyta? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (5 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 4715 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Light Show? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (33 Ratings)??4 Grabs Today. 44101 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Glowing Power P BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, December 11, 2009

Small Change

A penny for your thoughts? Or $.50 for a call. I'm not taking coins here though, I'm talking change: development, regression, progression, turning of the tides...

I once again quote Huxley, who was the man to begin my thoughts about Utopia...and how it doesn't exist. (Remember I'm creating my Utopia... in other words, writing a blog about how I can't because I am already in what I view as close to Utopic as realistically possible) I quote: "But God doesn't change."
"Men do though."
The thing is Utopia limits change. I think where "you run a muck" in the idea of creating something perfect is the idea that men's NEED for change is disregarded as people limit human's desire for change. In "Brave New World", as in many other explorations of perfection, people's idea of perfection are founded on what they are forced into believing through complex systems used to limit their ability to desire change, and their ability to explore differing options. These societies begin to crumble when man's instinct to evolve and need to change begins to be found by some of the society's members and "radicalism" aka individualism sprouts. As Bernard and the savage begin trying to convince people that perhaps suffering is just a part of life, relationships are nessecary parts of life and can be fufilling they are "controlled". The radicals have to be totally kept under wraps in a Utopia in order for it to continue because Utopias are founded on controlling the people involved. So...they fail.

0 comments: